Standard question 4711: “Is a ScrumMaster a full time position?” First — yes it is? But why. A lot of people do not believe that a ScrumMaster might really have something to do. So here is the 10 point list about what a ScrumMaster must do on a DAILY BASIS that you DON’T find in the usual lists:
- A ScrumMaster facilitates every meeting
- He works with the Product Owner to make sure, that the Product Owner is prepared for every Sprint.
- He ensures that the engineering skills of the team will be continuously increased.
- He makes clear that every team member needs to do what the team member has agreed to do.
- He enables management to understand what happens in the team and to understand what Scrum means.
- He works to increase the knowledge of the team about the Domain.
- He ensures that everyone in the team is happy.
- He runs around and removes the impediments on a daily basis. He anticipate impedimentes and removes them before they are arrive.
- He learns how to be an effective leader by going to classes and by learning on the job, what its mean to be a ScrumMaster
- He understand the emotions of his team and try to overcome frustration and increases the motivation.
All that together and many more thing, that you will find in one of my next postings, tells you, that a ScrumMaster has to do a lot during the day. It is a 100% job for a team around 5 to 7 people.